International Student Orientation
Spring 2020 International Student Orientation takes place from Tuesday, January 14 - Friday, January 17 with both optional and mandatory activities.
Mandatory International Student Orientation Activities:
Undergraduate/ Graduate International Student Orientation
Thursday, January 16, 2020
8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
McLaren Conference Complex
The mandatory sessions are designed to address the most common questions and concerns that international students have as well as covering important information such as immigration regulations pertaining to your visa, academic expectations, and cultural adjustment.
- Graduate students need to attend their department orientation and can contact their department directly for more information.
International Student Move in Day: Tuesday, January 14
International student move in day is Tuesday, January 14. New international students moving into on-campus housing are expected to arrive this day to be ready for the orientation activities. ISSS will host a Welcome Center in the UC with information for move-in, ID cards, immunizations, off-campus housing and more. Students who are arriving at the San Francisco International Airport can find details about how to get to campus on the Getting to USF page.
Undergraduate and Graduate Student Optional Activities: Wednesday, January 15 - Friday, January 17
There will be optional activities before the mandatory sessions to help incoming students get settled, meet new friends, and get familiar with campus. The detailed schedule of these events will be posted here in November, but the events include:
- Resource Fair: We will have some banks, phone companies, and campus offices there to answer all your questions. Please stop by to get your questions about campus answered.
- Working and Driving Presentation: An information session about getting an on-campus job, applying for a Social Security Number, and how to get a Driver's License.
- SF and Beyond Presentation: An information session about living in San Francisco and points of interests.
- Campus Tour: A tour to get students acquainted with campus.
- Library Orientation: Get to know the Gleeson Library resources.
- Social Events: Off-campus dinner, Ice Cream and Karaoke Social, and more.
Certain events will be photographed and/or video recorded for archival, educational, and related promotional purposes. By attending or participating in this event, you grant USF the full unrestricted rights to your photograph, voice and likeness in any manner or media whatsoever worldwide for educational marketing purposes. If you do not wish to be photographed or video recorded, please inform the camera person at the start of each event.