Law ITS Help Desk
Technology supports and enhances the educational, research, and scholarly pursuits of the law school's students and faculty.
Classrooms at Kendrick Hall offer power and wireless access, as well as audio-visual equipment. The Dorraine Zief Law Library, which also offers power and both wireless and wired connections, features individual and group study rooms with audio-visual equipment, computer classrooms, and a computer lab. The library provides academic training software to supplement courses and connects to countless online resources.
Many of our faculty members integrate technology into their teaching—using the internet and multimedia tools to enhance student experiences. For example, some faculty create virtual classrooms to distribute assignments and materials, conduct online discussions, and communicate with students.
The USF School of Law's Information Technology Services (ITS) is committed to assisting faculty and students utilize technology to achieve educational goals. Our ITS staff provides computer advice and classroom tech support. Though they are not available to provide extensive service for non-USF computers, the staff is capable of helping with many personal computer problems, such as configuring a connection to the network or assisting in the event of a laptop malfunction.
USF Student Computer Specifications
PC Minimum Requirements
- CPU: 1.86Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo or greater
- RAM: Highest recommended for the operating system or 2GB
- Hard Drive: Highest recommended for the operating system or 1 GB of free space.
- Operating System: 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.
- ExamSoft does not support Tablet devices.
- Screen Resolution: 1024x768 or higher
Macintosh Minimum Requirements
- CPU: Intel processor
- RAM: 2 GB
- Hard Drive: 1 GB or higher free disk space
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), and 10.10 (Yosemite).
- VGA adapter (Required if using your laptop for classroom presentations.)
Classroom computers have Microsoft Office installed and cannot be used for Apple Keynote presentations.
Connecting to USFwireless
See instructions for connecting to USFwireless.
The Pharos System was implemented to enhance services to the University community by opening up all copying and printing functionalities on all existing public-use Ricoh self-service copiers/multi-function printers (MFP's) across Main Campus and Distributed Campuses. Students, faculty, staff and guests will be able to swipe their USF ID or enter their USF username/password to copy and/or print in Black & White and Color at selected public-use locations. B&W printouts are 6¢ per page and color printouts are 30¢ per page.
Adding money to your USF ID
Zief Law Library Zief 038 - 1 multi-function printer Zief 104 - 3 multi-function printers Zief 209 - 2 multi-function printers Kendrick Kendrick Locker Area - 1 multi-function printer
Additional Information About Law ITS Services
Computer and Software Discounts
- Students and faculty are eligible for a limited selection of free Microsoft software through DreamSpark site. It can be accessed from a quick link on the Student or Faculty tab in USFConnect.
- Students, faculty, staff and alumni can get USF-negotiated discount prices on computers, personal electronics, software, services, and more using the USF eStore.
Antivirus and Anti-Malware
- Please be sure that you have an antivirus and anti-malware product installed and configured to automatically update on your machine.
- If you do not have an anti-virus program, USF offers a copy of the Sophos Anti-Virus program to current students for their personal computer. You will need to log in using your USF username and password. If you need assistance, please contact the Law ITS Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Remember to uninstall any previous antivirus software before you install the university-supplied copy.