USF Parents Group
Who We Are
The USF Parents Group is open to any faculty or staff member who has children or is expecting a child. We exist to help parents connect with one another and serve the following 3 purposes.
- Act as a sounding board for general parenting/child questions. For example: child sleeping issues, returning to work, finding childcare, “normal” eating patterns in children etc.
- Provide resources for other parents on campus, especially new parents. For example: providing day care referrals, recommending preschools, and sharing bay area resources.
- Advocate for additional institutional support and resources when necessary. For example: suggesting lactation rooms on campus for mothers who are returning to work, giving ideas for the annual Young Minds at Work events, etc.
We encourage you to get involved:
- Join our firstname.lastname@example.org Listserv (follow these instructions). Send a message to the group introducing yourself, your children, and the general area where you live. This will signal us to add you to our Google Calendar invitations for upcoming events. You may need to be logged into VPN to access the listserv server - if you have any trouble getting added, contact Kimberly Knowles.
- Check out our recommended resources section and the various quick links on our website.
- Utilize our listserv to share any questions, concerns, resources, ideas or items to request or pass on that you have for fellow working parents at USF. Once you've been added to the listserv, you can send any messages to email@example.com. As a listserv member, you can visit our archive of past messages.
- Contact Kimberly Knowles (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions or suggestions. We look forward meeting you!