USF Parents Group
Who We Are
The USF Parents Group is open to any faculty or staff member who has children or is expecting a child. We exist to help parents connect with one another and serve the following 3 purposes.
- Act as a sounding board for general parenting/child questions. For example: child sleeping issues, returning to work, finding childcare, “normal” eating patterns in children etc.
- Provide resources for other parents on campus, especially new parents. For example: providing day care referrals, recommending preschools, and sharing bay area resources.
- Advocate for additional institutional support and resources when necessary. For example: suggesting lactation rooms on campus for mothers who are returning to work, giving ideas for the annual Young Minds at Work events, etc.
We encourage you to get involved:
- Join our firstname.lastname@example.org Listserv (follow these instructions). Send a message to the group introducing yourself and your children. This will signal us to add you to our Google Calendar invitations for upcoming events.
- Check out the recommended resources in the menu and the various quick links on our website. If you have a resource to recommend to the group, email it to the Listserv, and we'll add it to the website. We are currently updating this section since our USFWiki retired, so look for more resources coming soon!
- Attend one of our upcoming USF Parents Group gatherings — see the Events listing on this page (if there are none listed, we'll be adding more soon!)
- Contact Kimberly Knowles (email@example.com) if you have any questions or suggestions. We look forward meeting you!