Student Org Team Training
Engage your talents, apply your collective strengths
Beginning Fall 2019, Registered Student Organizations at the University of San Francisco have the opportunity to request an introductory workshop into Gallup's CliftonStrengths. Workshops are designed for executive officers of organizations or committees that work closely together to achieve a common goal.
Why should we request a workshop?
CliftonStrengths is a proven leadership development tool that fosters stronger team dynamics. Here are some researched facts from Gallup around strengths engagement:
- Teams who engage their strengths are 12.5% more productive than teams who do not.
- People who learn to use their strengths are 7.8% more productive in their role and have 14.9% lower turnover.
- A person who regularly applies their strengths in their role is 5.1x as likely to strongly agree that they know what is expected of them.
- A person who regularly applies their strengths in their role is 6.2x as likely to strongly agree that they have the opportunity to do what they do best every day.
- Focusing on strengths determines whether people are willing to recommend your organization's products or services to others. In organizations that focus on strengths, 74% will recommend. In those who don’t focus on strengths, only 29% will.
- When followers trust their leaders, one in two is engaged. When followers don’t find leaders trustworthy, only one in 12 is engaged.
What can we expect in this introductory workshop?
All introductory workshops are 2 hours and will be scheduled around the needs of the organization (Exception: not available on weekends). All materials will be supplied to the organization at no cost!
The introductory workshop includes the following:
- CliftonStrengths Assessment Codes (to be completed by the team at least 1 week prior to the workshop date/time)
- Overview of CliftonStrengths as a leadership development tool
- Team Talent Maps to discuss and better understand group dynamics
- Strategies for Strengths post-workshop development
- Optional: ongoing leadership coaching sessions for individuals and/or the full team
How can I request a private workshop for my organization?
Student Leadership and Engagement will offer opportunities on a first-come, first-serve basis. There are a limited number of spaces, so act fast! To request a workshop for your team, simply fill out the request form below.
Workshops must be requested at least 4 weeks prior to your desired workshop date and time. This is to account for planning, as well as a one-week turn-around for your team to complete the online assessment prior to attending the workshop.