Create a New Student Organization
If you can't find a student organization that speaks to your specific interests, there is the possibility of starting your own. Student Leadership and Engagement can help you with this process. In order to get started, you must complete the following steps:
- Create a Constitution
- This will serve as the organization's governing document and will include the organization's purpose and structure
- Undergraduate Student Organization Constitution Template
- Graduate Student Organization Constitution Template
- Recruit Members
- You will need to have a roster of at least five members, including a name and @dons email address for each
- Undergraduate Student Organization Roster Template
- Graduate Student Organization Roster Template
- Secure an Advisor
- Advisors must be full-time faculty or staff
- Complete the registration form
Once you finish these items, our staff will be in contact with you regarding next steps. In order to be fully recognized by the beginning of the 2020-2021 academic year, please complete these items by July 1. Submitting these items after July 1 will result in full recognition being granted later in the fall semester.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Starting a Club Sport
In order for a club sport to become officially recognized through Koret, they must undergo a two-part process. First, they must seek recognition as a student organization through Student Leadership and Engagement and maintain good standing for a year. During that year, the organization will be connected with Koret staff in order to determine their needs, a risk assessment will take place, etc. At the end of the year, the organization will go through a review process to determine if it will be possible to grant them recognition as a club sport through Koret.
To be considered for recognition as a club sport, please complete the new student organization registration process for undergraduate students outlined above. When completing the registration form, select "Club Sport Interest" as the organization's category.
Once you finish the registration items, our staff will be in contact with you regarding next steps. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.