Congratulations on your nomination to study abroad! Your next steps are outlined below and may be completed through your study abroad online portal.
- Apply to your host program-- consult with your study abroad advisor.
- Submit a Waiver of Liability form.
- Submit an online Petition to Enroll in Another Institution (PEAI) form.
- Submit a Leave of Absence form **only applicable to students participating in an External Program**
- Complete the following "post-decision" questionnaires through your online portal:
- Passport Information Questionnaire
- Emergency Contact Info Questionnaire
- Domestic Health Insurance Info Questionnaire
- Ambassador Contact Info Questionnaire
- Electronically sign the a) Trip Cancellation & Interruption Protection Plan b) Study Abroad Policies c) Sponsored Programs Information.
- Apply for a student visa if necessary. This can take up to 60 days and there are strict protocols to follow. Prepare and plan ahead! It is a student's responsibility to obtain a student visa.
- Attend the mandatory Pre-Departure Meeting. Our office will contact you with pertinent meeting details.
- Make airline reservations. Obtain necessary immunizations and meet with your physician to discuss travel plans and handling of prescription medication abroad.
- Plan USF courses for your return semester with your faculty advisor or school Academic Dean in CASA.
- Pre-arrange USF Housing with Student Housing and Residential Education (SHaRE), or complete a Housing Release Form if you will not live on campus upon your return.
- Spring semester study abroad students should complete their FAFSA application online before departing for their study abroad program.
If you have additional questions about the status of your post-decision documents, please call us at 415-422-6848 or email us at email@example.com. For visa-related questions please contact your host program coordinator; our office only provides visa guidance for study abroad programs going to Spain, Italy, or France. It is the students' responsibility to obtain a visa, please plan accordingly.