2023 Summer Bridge Math Program
2023 Summer bridge Program Overview
If you have been required to take ECON 120 - Economic Methods as an additional requirement during your first year, you may complete the ECON 120 requirement by attending our lower-cost, in-person Summer Bridge Math program ECON 191 and receiving a score of 85 or higher in the exemption exam offered at the end.
The 2023 Summer Bridge Math Program will run from Monday, July 24 to Thursday, August 17, 2023, in person, at the USF Hilltop campus. The class meets 9 am - 12 pm, Mondays - Fridays for four weeks.
This class is designed as an accelerated review for students who already have a solid foundation in calculus and statistics. If you have been asked to complete ECON 120 and would like to take the exemption exam you should plan to get a head start over the summer studying calculus and statistics independently and should expect to spend several hours per day during the review class studying and working on problem sets.
The course costs $1,000. You will be billed after you enroll in the class
Who should consider signing up for the Summer Bridge Program?
Any incoming MS AE or MS IDEC student who:
- has been required to take ECON 120 during the first semester, as listed on your admission letter.
- has been out of school for a while and needs a refresher on calculus and statistics.
- has a weaker background in calculus and statistics.
- would like a quick refresher on calculus and statistics.
This 4-week Summer Bridge Program, ECON 191, provides a refresher in calculus and statistics, foundational skills necessary to succeed in the Master’s program. As such, they should prove useful even for students who have already completed coursework on similar material. If you have not studied these topics previously you should make every effort to study the material before arriving. Arriving early to take these courses will also give you more time to settle into San Francisco and get to know your classmates before beginning regular courses in the fall semester.
Step 1: Email Program Manager, Yuezhong Zheng (firstname.lastname@example.org) to indicate your interest.
Step 2: You will be notified via email once your summer student status has been activated. Then, you can follow the Online Registration Instructions to register for ECON 191 IDEC Summer Bridge online (CRN 30387). Even if you are an incoming Applied Economics student, you should still enroll in this course.
Step 3: Once you have signed up for ECON 191, you will be billed for the $1000 tuition. You can follow the instructions on this page to view and pay your bill.
Step 4: Check the Summer Registration Calendar for important dates. For example, Friday, Jun 30, 2032, is the last day to self-register. We can do a manual sign-up for you after June 30, 2023. Students are responsible for monitoring these key dates.
- For questions regarding tuition and billing, please contact Student Accounts at StudentAccounts@usfca.edu or call (415) 422-2571.
- For questions regarding the registration process, please contact the University Registrar at email@example.com.
- For all other questions, please contact Economics Graduate Program Manager, Yuezhong Zheng at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated, November 14, 2022.