Fall 2023 New Master's Student Orientation & Important Information
Welcome to the University of San Francisco Economics Department!
We are excited to welcome you to join one of our master's programs. To prepare for your arrival and the first couple of weeks of your time at USF, please carefully read through the information on this page.
- Important Upcoming Dates & Events
- 08/17 New Master's Student Orientation Schedule
- New Student To-do List Items
- Important Resources for New Master's Students
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- Early Census Day: Monday, August 21, 2023, is the Last Drop Day with 100% refund for ECON 603-1, ECON 626-1, ECON 630-1, and ECON 636-1.
- University Census Date: Friday, September 8, 2023 is the Last Drop Day with 100% refund for courses with standard start and end dates for the Fall 2023 semester.
Please note that the Last Day to Drop with a 100% Refund may vary by course. The date listed here is applicable only to courses with standard start and end dates for the Fall 2023 semester. To find what Last Day to Drop with a 100% Refund date is applicable to a specific course, please visit the Online Class Schedule at usfca.edu/schedules www.usfca.edu/schedules or contact the Office of the University Registrar at (415) 422-7260 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Important Upcoming Dates & Events
|Thursday, August 17th
New Master's Student Orientation (Mandatory)
Reception to follow orientation in Tarantino Plaza
|2:00PM - 6:30PM
|Kalmanovitz Hall room 363
New master's students will receive important information about what to expect in the AE/IDEC program, hear advice from current students, and learn about academic course planning from Academic Program Directors.
|Friday, August 18th
|Graduate International Student Orientation
|8:30AM - 12:30PM
|Contact ISSS Department for details
|Mandatory for new F-1 international students. Please contact the ISSS directly about this event.
|Wednesday, August 30th
|Library Orientation Workshop (Mandatory for IDEC students and highly encouraged for AE students)
|12:00PM - 1:00PM
|Virtual (details to follow via email)
A quick tour of the Gleeson Library.
Advanced search techniques in the library's article database.
Navigating the library's resources to find the full text of journal articles.
Using "RefWorks" - a citation management tool.
Interlibrary loan services for obtaining articles and books not available at USF.
Finding country studies and statistical information.
|Thursday, September 7th
Economics Master's Students Fall Kickoff Reception
|3:00PM - 4:30PM
Join us for the Fall 23 Economics Department to kickoff the start of the new academic year with faculty, staff, and new/current students in the AE/IDEC program to celebrate the beginning of the semester. Food will be provided.
Mandatory New Master's Student Orientation Schedule
August 17, 2023 at 2:00pm
MS AE and MS IDEC Orientation Schedule Date:
2:00pm – 2:30pm Orientation Check-in & Mingle
2:30pm – 4:30 pm Orientation
4:30pm – 5:30pm MSAE and MSIDEC Program-Specific Sessions
5:30pm - 6:30pm Orientation Reception at Tarantino Plaza
New Student To-do List Items:
- Set up your One Card All students are required to have a mobile One Card to access the campus. The One Card provides students with access to buildings, the library, on-campus printers/copiers, and more. You should set up your One Card before August 17th. If you do not set up access, you will not be able to enter any USF building.
- Set up your MyUSF account and start checking your USF email daily for important updates. We will ONLY be communicating with you via your USF emails after orientation.
- Register for Fall 2023 classes online. Registration guides have been sent to your email.
Useful Resources for New Master's Students
- Directions to the Economics Department
- Fall 2023 Health Insurance & Waiver Criteria
- Economic Honor Society and Club
- Important Campus Contacts
- Tuition Payment Plan
- USF Campus Map
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Master's Students
Last updated, July 3, 2023