Join the Team: BASE Student Ambassadors
The Black Achievement Success and Engagement (BASE) Initiative is seeking a motivated, resourceful, and team-oriented student to serve as a BASE Student Ambassador. The BASE Student Ambassador will serve as a campus-wide student representative, promoting relative aspects of the BASE Initiative including the Black Scholars Program, Marshall-Riley Living-Learning Community, and Black Resource Center. Working directly with BASE professional staff and faculty, the BASE Student Ambassador will develop and maintain relationships with community partners on and off campus for both undergraduate and graduate student populations.
- Serve as a campus-wide student representative for the BASE Initiative.
- Promote Black Resource Center programs and workshops to Black-Identified students.
- Serve as a student liaison between BASE and the Black-Identified clubs and organizations.
- Bring awareness to rising sophomores on the opportunity to join the Marshall-Riley Living-Learning Community.
- Collaborate with Black Resource Center student and graduate staff to develop programs and workshops that aim to increase the belonging and community amongst Black-Identified students.
- Provide administrative support to the BASE Senior Director and Program Manager.
- Collect and maintain a database for on and campus resources that serve and support the Black community.
- Provide general advisement to students regarding involvement in BASE (Black Scholars, Living-Learning Community, and Black Resource Center);
- Represent BASE at prospective and current student signature events, including but not limited to: Black Student Orientation, Day of the Dons, Black Resource Fair, Destination USF, BRC tabeling events, etc.
- Attend and participate in meetings, trainings, and other scheduled activities;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Computer skills including MS Word and MS Excel required; familiarity with Google applications, internet research, social media, OrgSync, and other online tools preferred
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Positive attitude, friendly, professional and excellent customer relation skills
- Reliable, good follow-through
- Independent self-starter, able to take initiative
- Understanding of leadership and business principles and/or desire to learn
- Familiarity with SLE/ASUSF programs and responsibilities associated with positions within those departments
- Commitment to work in a culturally diverse environment and to contribute to the mission and goals of BASE and the University
- Good disciplinary standing at USF
- Work-Study preferred.