Peer Educator Interns are students who work under the supervision of the Senior Director of Health Promotion Services in a paid one year internship. They will be responsible for assisting with programs that promote a greater well-being, and empower students to make healthy and responsible life choices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend 12 hour training to be certified as a peer educator prior to your internship.
- Commit 2-3 hours per week for one on one Brief Motivational Intervention (BMI) on alcohol and bystander interventions or wellness
- Commit 1 hour per week for meetings.
- Conduct at least 2 interactive health-related workshops a semester.
- Plan, implement, and market health outreach tabling and other events on campus.
- Will be nationally certified as a peer educator by the BACCHUS and GAMMA Peer Education Network.
- Gain excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Be up to date on health promotion, health education, program planning, and outreach.
- Gain a practical work experience in public health.
- Receive letters of recommendation based on their performance and commitment.
- Other fringe benefits