Parental Leave Overview
If eligible, FMLA/CFRA provides 12 weeks of job and benefit protection.
- 8 of the 12 weeks of FMLA/CFRA are paid with Paid Family Leave (PFL) and, if eligible, SF Paid Parental Leave (PPLO).
- PFL pays appx 60% of wages, up to $1,357 per week for 2021. SFPPLO pays appx 40% of wages, up to $905 per week for 2021.
- 4 remaining weeks of FMLA/CFRA are paid with vacation or unpaid.
- Paid Family Leave, for the purpose of baby bonding, must be taken in two-week increments; shorter increments will be allowed on two occasions.
- University provided benefits remain intact while on a FMLA/CFRA leave. Premiums will continue to be deducted from pay you are receiving from USF.
- Tristar administers parental leave and issues PFL payments. PPLO payments are issued by USF.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org AND call Tristar at 1-844-702-2352 to initiate parental leave.