Parental Leave Overview
If eligible, FMLA/CFRA provides 12 weeks of job and benefit protection.
- 8 of the 12 weeks of FMLA/CFRA are paid with Paid Family Leave (PFL) and, if eligible, SF Paid Parental Leave (PPLO).
- PFL pays appx 60% of wages, up to $1,540 per week for 2022. SFPPLO pays up to approximately a maximum of 40% of wages.
- 4 remaining weeks of FMLA/CFRA are paid with vacation or unpaid.
- FMLA/CFRA, for the purpose of baby bonding, must be taken in two-week increments; shorter increments will be allowed on two occasions.
- University-provided benefits remain intact while on an FMLA/CFRA leave. Premiums will continue to be deducted from the pay you are receiving from USF.
- Tristar administers parental leave and issues PFL payments. PPLO payments are issued by USF.
REQUESTING PARENTAL LEAVE:
- Tristar is the university's leave of absence administration partner.
- Notify your supervisor of your leave dates.
- Review Tristar's Leave Request Reporting Instructions.
- Contact Tristar at 1-844-702-2352 or http://usf.ess-absencetracker.com/.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.