Parental Leave Overview
If eligible, FMLA/CFRA provides 12 weeks of job and benefit protected leave to bond with a new child (i.e. Baby Bonding)
- Eight of the 12 weeks of Baby Bonding are paid with Paid Family Leave (PFL) and, if eligible, SF Paid Parental Leave (PPLO).
- PFL pays approximately 60% of wages, up to $1,640 per week for 2023. PPLO pays approximately 40% of wages, up to a maximum.
- Four remaining weeks of Baby Bonding are paid with vacation or are unpaid.
- FMLA/CFRA, for the purpose of Baby Bonding, must be taken in two-week increments; shorter increments will be allowed on two occasions.
- University-provided benefits remain intact while on FMLA/CFRA leave. Premiums will continue to be deducted from the pay you are receiving from USF.
- Tristar administers Parental Leave and issues PFL payments. PPLO payments are issued by USF.
- Non-California employees, please contact email@example.com to determine if your state offers benefits.
There are two Lactation Rooms on main campus: UC Room #329 and LM Rossi Room #105. If working at another campus location, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
To request use of a Lactation Room, please submit a completed and signed Lactation Accommodation Request Form to email@example.com at least five (5) business days in advance before the start of the request. The form is to be signed by both Employee and Supervisor. Employee and Supervisor will receive written confirmation of approved schedule.
The lactation rooms are scheduled in 30-minute increments. Please indicate on the request form the Days and Times you wish to schedule the room. For example: Mondays 10-10:30am & 4-4:30pm. Your requested times are not guaranteed.
Your One Card will be updated to provide swipe access to the lactation room.
If you need to change or cancel your scheduled use of lactation room, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.