Our Fabulous Staff
Writing Center Coordinator
- Leslie Dennen Leslie Dennen coordinates the Writing Center and is an Associate Professor in the Rhetoric and Language Department at USF. She received her Master's degree in Teaching English as a Second Language (MATESL) and Certificate in Composition from San Francisco State University. She received her Doctorate in Education from USF in May 2007. Her dissertation investigates students' cognitive epistemology, or how student engagement in out-of-class activities affects their learning experience. She is familiar with APA. E-mail: dennenL@usfca.edu. Phone: 415-422-6011
Writing Center Consultants
- Julie Bruck Julie Bruck has an MFA in Creative Writing (poetry) from Warren Wilson's MFA Program for Writers and has taught widely, both in and out of university settings. Her poetry and prose have been published widely, appearing in magazines such as The New Yorker, MS., and Time. Her books include The Woman Downstairs (1993), The End of Travel (1999), and Monkey Ranch (2012), which received Canada's 2012 Governor General's Award for Poetry.
- Onllwyn Dixon Onllwyn is an adjunct faculty member in the School of Education. He has taught a variety of courses from Skills for Scholarly Writing, Gender and Globalization, Human Rights Education: Pedagogy and Praxis, Methodology for Educational Research, APA. He is also an alumnus of USF (M.A. ’04 and Ed.D. ’08 in International and Multicultural Education). He enjoys the opportunity to support USF students to further develop their writing skills.
- Cynthia Schultes Cynthia has a Ph.D. in History from George Washington University. She teaches graduate and undergraduate writing as well as writing for international students in the AEM program.
- Chris DeLorenzo Chris DeLorenzo earned an MFA from USF and currently teaches academic writing in the Department of Rhetoric and Language. He is the author of the memoir cookbook, Kitchen Inheritance, and has published poetry in various literary magazines, including the Rockhurst Review, Bluestem, and Chelsea Station. In addition to teaching at USF, Chris leads writing workshops and retreats in the Bay Area, Hawaii, and Mexico.
- Kelly Egan Kelly Egan recently completed her MFA in Poetry at Saint Mary’s College of CA, where she was also a Teaching Fellow in Rhetoric and Composition. She is TESOL certified and loves working with international students and learning about their cultural and rhetorical backgrounds. Currently, she is working on her first book of poetry while also writing for a lifestyle company and studying Spanish.
- Mathew Mckinnie Mathew has a Masters Degree in TESOL from San Francisco State University and is a long-time instructor in the Rhetoric and Language Department.
- Veronica Andrew Veronica has an MFA in English from San Diego State University and is a long-time instructor in the Rhetoric and Language Department.
- Meredith Molson Meredith comes to us from San Francisco State University where she received her Masters Degree in TESOL with certificates in Teaching Post-Secondary Reading and Academic Composition.
- Lucio Mare Lucio has a Ph.D. in Philosophy from the University of South Florida. He is an instructor in the Philosophy Department at USF and he speaks several languages. He has experience using APA.
- Kara Knafelc Kara has a Master's degree in English Language and Literature from the University of Washington. She is also an instructor in the Department of Rhetoric and Language.
- Nicole Mauro Nicole has her MFA in English and Creative Writing from Mills College. She has been teaching in the Rhetoric and Language Department at USF since 1999.
- Angelika Rappe Angelika has a Master's Degree in English with a concentration in TESOL from San Francisco State University. She has been teaching in the AEM Department at USF since 2008.
- Victoria Catapang Victoria is a senior, majoring in Psychology with a minor in Chemistry. She also has experience writing Philosophy papers and Nursing papers. She is familiar with APA.
- Callie Fausey Callie is a junior, majoring in Psychology. She also has interests in journalism and poetry, and she writes for the Foghorn.
- Zoe Williams Zoe is a senior, pursuing English with a concentration in writing as well as a minor in African American Studies.