New Student and Family Orientation
Actively participating in Orientation events and activities is an essential aspect of facilitating your transition into our USF community. All new first-year and transfer students are required to attend Orientation. Families are welcome to participate in our family orientation program.
Attending Orientation provides new students and families the opportunity to:
- Gain a more concrete feel for the campus community
- Learn about campus resources
- Connect with faculty from your school/college, staff, and current students, including your Orientation Leader (OL)
- Learn what it means to be a USF community member
If you have any questions regarding Orientation, please email us at email@example.com.
Spring 2023: Orientation
- Weeks of Welcome: Monday, January 23 - Monday, February 6
- If you were not able to attend Spring Orientation, please get in touch with our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2023: Orientation Dates
NOTE: Move-In and Orientation dates are subject to change. Should timing need to change, per public health guidance, we will communicate adjustments as quickly as possible.
- First-Year Student Move-In Day: Saturday, August 12
- First-Year Student Orientation: Saturday, August 12 - Monday, August 21
- First-Year Family Orientation: Saturday, August 12 - Sunday, August 13
- Transfer Student Move-In Day: Saturday, August 19
- Transfer Student Orientation: Sunday, August 20 - Monday, August 21
- Transfer Family Orientation: Sunday, August 20
- First Day of Classes: Tuesday, August 22
- Weeks of Welcome: Monday, August 21 - Monday, September 4
Download our USF Mobile app for the orientation schedule, campus map, latest events, and more!