Health and Safety Committee
The University's Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) is designed to prevent injuries and accidents in the workplace and to ensure the health and safety of staff, faculty, and students. The law states that all California employers must have an Injury and Illness Prevention Program. Members of the Health and Safety committee share the responsibility of implementing and monitoring the University’s health and safety program.
- Promote a safe and healthful workplace via employee involvement throughout the campus community.
- Facilitate prompt correction of identified hazards from inspections or accident reviews.
- Facilitate review of University Health and Safety Programs and ensure recommendations are addressed by University management.
- Control losses.
- The committee meets once per month throughout the academic year (September - May).*
- Perform quality control checks of Scheduled Periodic Inspections.
- Review and analyze recurrent accidents or incidents which involve serious injuries or illness.
- Provide recommendations to departments on health and safety issues.
- Serve as a conduit for communication between staff and faculty members and the University, investigating health and safety suggestions and any allegations of hazardous conditions.
|Program Administrator||Charlie Cross||V.P. Business and Finance||
Tel: (415) 422-6522
|Health & Safety Committee Co-Chair||Melissa Diaz||Director of Risk Management||
Tel: (415) 422-5899
|Health & Safety Committee Co-Chair||Joseph E. Murphy||Environmental Health and Safety Manager||
Tel: (415) 422-5884
|Melissa Diaz||Director of Risk Management|
|Diane Sweeney||Director of Benefits|
|Joe Murphy||Environmental Health & Safety Manager|
|Craig Conforti||Lab Safety Manager, College of Arts and Sciences|
|Diedre Smith||Associate Director, SHaRE|
|Shanie Chambers||Director, Koret Health and Recreation Center|
|Mark Papadopoulos||Associate Athletic Director|
|Dan Lawson||Senior Director, Public Safety|
|Natalie Macias||Associate Director, Health Promotion Services|
|Ken Banks||AJ Gallagher, Insurance Broker|
|Heather Hickman Holland||Director of Operations, Facilities|
|Martha Peugh-Wade AVP||Compliance & Compensation - Human Resources|
|Donna L. Creasman||Assistant Director for Administrative Services|
|Cindy Rojas||CAPS Program Assistant|
*Meeting minutes are available upon request and approval from Health & Safety Committee Chair.