Protection of Minors
The University is committed to promoting the safety of students and others who visit our campuses, especially minors. This policy describes requirements to engage with minors to promote their protection, while visiting our campus or in a University-related program, and to fulfill our obligations as mandated by law under CANRA (California Abuse and Reporting Act).
In all cases, the programs involving minors on campus, whether conducted by the University or an external entity, must include appropriate adult supervision to provide for their safety.
Departments may establish more protective-for minors procedures than those included in this Policy, if desired.
Sports Camps/Kids Camps/Educational Talent Search
For camps or programs that are sponsored by the University of San Francisco and involving minors, insurance must be purchased for the participants by the coordinating department. All camp directors, coaches, volunteers, interns, counselors and staff must also be fingerprinted for a complete background check prior to the start of any camps.
Please contact Melissa Diaz at firstname.lastname@example.org or x5899 and/or read the attached requirements for more information.
Requirements for Working With Minors
- Watch 30 Minute training video: "Protecting Children" Identifying and Reporting Misconduct
- The user must log into the EduRisk Learning Portal.
- First-time users need to register on the Learning Portal.
- Be sure to enter a valid email address as this will be your username and cannot be changed.
- After completing registration, you should receive an email with a temporary password.
- Follow the link in the email to sign on.
- You will be prompted to enter a new password when first signing in.
- Upon completion, you will receive an email with a link to download the certificate of completion. You can also go to "My Completions" to obtain evidence of completion.
- Sign (does not include volunteers or 3rd party contractors): CANRA Acknowledgement to Report Child Abuse Form
- Complete Fingerprinting: Request for Live Scan Service (BCIA 8016)
- Please contact Melissa Diaz to obtain the Live Scan Form with unique USF code
- Watch 11-minute training video on how to report suspected abuse or neglect: USF CANRA Training
- 3rd party programs involving minors must sign: USF Criminal Background Check Certification