A healthy eating routine is important at every stage of life and can have positive effects that add up over time. It’s important to eat a variety of fruits, vegetables, grains, protein foods, and dairy or fortified soy alternatives. Look below for snack ideas.
Toasted Nuts and Seeds
Preparation and Cook Time: Approx. 3 minutes
Recipe tested in Fall 2021 by: Case van der Burg (student volunteer)
INGREDIENTS AND MATERIALS:
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, cashews, and pecans work especially well)
- 1/2 cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- microwave safe plate
- spoon or fork
- Olive oil spray (optional)
- Salt (optional)
- Chop nuts, if using.
- Place nuts and/or seeds of choice on plate. if using seeds, spray lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Microwave for 1:30 minutes and stir
- Microwave for another 1 -1:30 minutes and stir