Housing Search Resources
You will find the following on our rental website:
- Housing Search: This search for housing is specifically directed at USF students. Most of these properties are close to campus with landlords who have been renting to USF students or specifically want USF students. Also, students who are looking to fill an open vacancy in their apartments post here.
- Roommate Finder: Here you may post as well as search for a roommate/housemate within the USF community.
- Landing Page Updates: Continually look for announcements on OCL Events and things going on in San Francisco.
- Resources: A great place to view examples of tenant lease agreements/contracts, tips for the housing search, links to neighborhood maps and public transportation, and more.
Social media and SF websites are also good avenues to find housing. We encourage you to explore all options as you seek your new home. Create a biography post to send out to prospective persons or post your bio online.
Usf Transfer Students
Websites and Social Media
In addition to our USF rental site postings, please consider visiting other websites and social media sites throughout the Bay Area.
Please note that we can not guarantee off-campus housing for you and, therefore, it will be up to you to treat the process as a priority. The below listings are provided to serve as a roadmap for your search but are not vetted by OCL.
- University of San Francisco Class of 2022, 2023, 2024, etc.
- University of San Francisco (USF) Housing, Sublets & Roommates
- University of San Francisco Graduate Student Housing Network
- San Francisco Bay Area - Housing, Rentals, Apartments, Rooms, Sublets
- San Francisco Housing, Rooms, Apartments, Sublets
- San Francisco, SF - Housing, Apartments, Rooms, Sublets, Roommates
- Gay Area Queer Housing S.F. Bay Area
- Affordable Housing For Ok People: Bay Area
- SF Area Rentals and Sublets
- SF Roommate Exchange
- Bay Area/SF Housing, Rentals, and Sublets-monthly stays, flexible leases
- University of San Francisco Graduate Student Housing Network
Rooms for rent
- Bay Property Group
- SF City Rents
- Rent Café
- Equity Apartments
Grad Student Collaborative Housing
The Academe at 198 offers over 650 furnished apartments at competitive prices, specifically for graduate students and trainees in the most rigorous and demanding academic programs Go to the website for more info!
WHAT IS COLIVING?
Coliving is a community living concept for like-minded people to live, work, and play together. Coliving spaces are well-designed, fully furnished, with utensils and utilities covered by one bill. Catering to various living styles and tastes, the main value of the coliving experience is access to the community. Often times co-living has flexible lease term options.
Coliving is the "#1 booking platform for coliving spaces in the US and worldwide. Book budget-friendly coliving accommodations, private or shared rooms, offering flexible leases and all-inclusive amenities. Ideal for students, interns, and young professionals. Get %5 off your first month rent (up to $150) with the link."
Contact: Lili Bambague email@example.com
FOUND Study San Francisco
FOUND Study San Francisco offers furnished private rooms and shared rooms in Downtown San Francisco. FOUND Study offers a USF student discount; see the link for details.
About FOUND Study SF:
- 30 Day minimum stay
- Shared rooms can have as many at 4 people. The price per bed does not change whether you have 2, 3, or 4 people in total. You can choose to move in with roommates, or have FOUND Study find roommates for you.
- There are bathrooms in each room. If you have a private room you have your own bathroom; if you have roommates you only share a bathroom with your roommates. There are multiple kitchen areas throughout the building that are shared with other residents.
- Student Ambassador Internship program available! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
email@example.com | (323) 312-3209
Homes at Vybe Living include private bedrooms, furnished common spaces, internet, kitchen basics, and maintenance support.
USF Student Discounts
"Flexible lease lengths, move-in ready homes, and a built-in community in the best neighborhoods. Our homes are equipped with designer furnished common areas, kitchen essentials, and all the tech set-up before you move-in. Choose from a wide range of rooms and amenities to fit any budget." - Bungalow
USF students receive 2 weeks free off your first month’s rent. Group discounts for 2 or more students are also available. Bungalow Bungalow x USF google form
Flexible lease terms. Furnished and unfurnished apartments featuring high-speed Wifi.
Phone: (888) 457-6697
Blueground has flexible lease terms and fully- equipped and furnished apartments.
SPECIAL RATE FOR USF STUDENTS starting at $958 at the City Gardens Location.
To learn more or to schedule a tour, visit Commons or call (415) 862-2331.
- Rent by the bedroom, or the entire apartment
- Fully furnished
- Flexible leases (academic year, semester, full year)
- Free monthly apartment cleaning
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- brand new building (built 2021)
- Utilities included
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hospital grade air filtration
- 7 study lounges
- Household essentials included (coffee maker, plates/bowls, pots/pans, silverware, mugs and glasses, and more)
- Bike storage
- On-site manager
- On-site laundry
- Rooftop deck & BBQ
Contact Information: Michael Thomas | firstname.lastname@example.org | 415.701.7006
Provider of affordable and convenient housing in San Francisco with 10 years of expertise. Our services are a great fit for students as we provide flexible leasing terms, move-in-ready accommodation, a vibrant community, and many other amenities.
4Stay offers numerous housing services including listed rooms for rent and housing search consultations for additional assistance with your housing search. This is a great resource to find individual rooms for rent as opposed to entire apartments or houses for rent.
Universal Student Housing
Universal Student Housing (USH) has been connecting students with host families since 1998. Host families are carefully selected based on student's preferences and distance to school. Housing support is offered from the move-in to the move-out.
email@example.com | (310) 824 - 4908
"Home Match San Francisco helps homeowners with extra rooms connect with home seekers who need an affordable place to live, creating a win-win situation.
Homeowners benefits from extra income or help with chores such as grocery shopping, pet care, or transportation. Home seekers who live, work, or study in San Francisco benefit from affordable rent and an established community. Both benefit from companionship." - Home Match Website
HomestayMatch is a website for students who would like to choose their own homestay. Students can browse through available homestays near the school, compare locations and prices and request a homestay they like. HomestayMatch personally meets every host family and offers support during the student's stay.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (310) 824 - 4908
The Nextdoor app is a social networking platform for local communities and neighborhoods. With the Nextdoor app, users can interact with their neighbors, discuss community news, and recommend local services and businesses that they like.
Antony Erlec: Realtor
A USF alumnus and San Francisco native, Antony Erlec is here to help USF students and families navigate the housing market in the city. Antony is a great resource to those looking to buy property in San Francisco.
View this flyer to learn more information about the advantages of buying versus renting in San Francisco as well as view homes Antony has sold that are walking distance within USF!
Rubi Kawamura: Coldwell Banker Sales Associate
A high-achieving sales-associate, Rubi Kawamura has received the Coldwell Banker Sterling Society Award three years in a row. She understands the San Francisco housing market and always tries to negotiate the best possible price for her clients.
For more information, visit the Coldwell Banker website for a bio on Rubi's work experience.
Broad Spectrum Home Insurance
Short Term Housing
Check out this list of temporary housing options you can use before coming to San Francisco.
711 Post Street, SF
5 Isadora Duncan Ln, SF
1353 Bush Street