Housing Search Resources
You will find the following on our rental website:
- Housing Search: This search for housing is specifically directed at USF students. Most of these properties are close to campus with landlords who have been renting to USF students or specifically want USF students. Also, students who are looking to fill an open vacancy in their apartments post here.
- Roommate Finder: Here you may post as well as search for a roommate/housemate within the USF community.
- Message Boards: Continually look for announcements on your chosen neighborhood or city, updates and news from USF, city happenings, vendor discounts, etc.
- Resources: A great place to view examples of tenant lease agreements/contracts, tips for the housing search, links to neighborhood maps and public transportation, and more.
Social media and SF websites are also good avenues to find housing. We encourage you to explore all options as you seek your new home. Create a biography post to send out to prospective persons or post your bio online.
Websites and Social Media
In addition to our USF rental site postings, please consider visiting other websites and social media sites throughout the Bay Area.
Please note that we can not guarantee off campus housing for you and, therefore, it will be up to you to treat the process as a priority. The below listings are provided to serve as a roadmap for your search, but are not vetted by OCL.
- University of San Francisco Class of 2020, 2021, 2022, etc.
- University of San Francisco (USF) Housing, Sublets & Roommates
- San Francisco, SF - Housing, Apartments, Rooms, Sublets, Roommates
- San Francisco Housing, Rooms, Apartments, Sublets
- Gay Area Queer Housing S.F. Bay Area
- Affordable Housing For Ok People: Bay Area
- SF Area Rentals and Sublets
- SF Roommate Exchange
extended stay america
College life, hotel style.
- Spacious suites
- Fully equipped kitchens
- On-site laundry
- Free in-room wifi and cable
Blueground has flexible lease terms and fully- equipped and furnished apartments.
Flexible terms, fully furnished housing.
Phone: (888) 457-6697
FOUND Study San Francisco
FOUND Study San Francisco offers furnished private rooms and shared rooms in Downtown San Francisco. FOUND Study offers a USF student discount; see the link for details.
About FOUND Study SF:
- 30 Day minimum stay
- Shared rooms can have as many at 4 people. The price per bed does not change whether you have 2, 3, or 4 people in total. You can choose to move in with roommates, or have FOUND Study find roommates for you.
- There are bathrooms in each room. If you have a private room you have your own bathroom; if you have roommates you only share a bathroom with your roommates. There are multiple kitchen areas throughout the building that are shared with other residents.
- Student Ambassador Internship program available! Please email email@example.com for more info
firstname.lastname@example.org | (323) 312-3209
"Flexible lease lengths, move-in ready homes, and a built-in community in the best neighborhoods. Our homes are equipped with designer furnished common areas, kitchen essentials, and all the tech set-up before you move-in. Choose from a wide range of rooms and amenities to fit any budget." - Bungalow
USF students receive 2 weeks free off your first month’s rent. Group discounts for 2 or more students are also available.
Coliving is the "#1 booking platform for coliving spaces in the US and worldwide. Book budget-friendly coliving accommodations, private or shared rooms, offering flexible leases and all-inclusive amenities. Ideal for students, interns, and young professionals. Get %5 off your first month rent (up to $150) with the link."
Contact: Lili Bambague email@example.com
"Anyplace is a flexible-term housing marketplace with places around the world. Book 30+ day stays at co-living spaces, fully-furnished apartments, or extended-stay hotels in and around San Francisco. No more signing a traditional year-long lease — you can stay for the length of a semester or a school year."
"Many properties offer quiet spaces for studying, a fully-equipped kitchen, and the privacy that's hard to come by in on-campus dorms. First-time customers can get $100 off their stay through 10/31/20 with the code EDU100."
HomestayMatch is a website for students who would like to choose their own homestay. Students can browse through available homestays near the school, compare locations and prices and request a homestay they like. HomestayMatch personally meets every host family and offers support during the student's stay.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (310) 824 - 4908
Universal Student Housing
Universal Student Housing (USH) has been connecting students with host families since 1998. Host families are carefully selected based on student's preferences and distance to school. Housing support is offered from the move-in to the move-out.
email@example.com | (310) 824 - 4908
"Home Match San Francisco helps homeowners with extra rooms connect with home seekers who need an affordable place to live, creating a win-win situation.
Homeowners benefits from extra income or help with chores such as grocery shopping, pet care, or transportation. Home seekers who live, work, or study in San Francisco benefit from affordable rent and an established community. Both benefit from companionship." - Home Match Website
The Nextdoor app is a social networking platform for local communities and neighborhoods. With the Nextdoor app, users can interact with their neighbors, discuss community news, and recommend local services and businesses that they like.
Antony Erlec: Realtor
A USF alumnus and San Francisco native, Antony Erlec is here to help USF students and families navigate the housing market in the city. Antony is a great resource to those looking to buy property in San Francisco.
View this flyer to learn more information about the advantages of buying versus renting in San Francisco as well as view homes Antony has sold that are walking distance within USF!
Rubi Kawamura: Coldwell Banker Sales Associate
A high-achieving sales-associate, Rubi Kawamura has received the Coldwell Banker Sterling Society Award three years in a row. She understands the San Francisco housing market and always tries to negotiate the best possible price for her clients.
For more information, visit the Coldwell Banker website for a bio on Rubi's work experience.
Broad Spectrum Home Insurance
one less thing
Earn money for short-term gigs in the Bay Area. Check out their site for how to get started- onelessthingsf.com
Short Term Housing
711 Post Street, SF
Hostel International: City Center
685 Ellis St, SF
5 Isadora Duncan Ln, SF
1353 Bush Street