How to Use Turnitin in Canvas
Turnitin is a tool to help students avoid plagiarism and improper citation. Instructors can enable Plagiarism and Citation checking by simply choosing Turnitin from the Plagiarism Review dropdown box while configuring the Canvas assignment. Students submit their paper as a normal Canvas Assignment and access the Turnitin Similarity report within Canvas.All normal Canvas assignment features, such as Rubrics, Group and Peer Reviews, multiple dues dates and submssions are available with the Turnitin assingment.
- ETS Grammar Check , the Turnitin Automated Grammar checking tool, can also be enabled directly in the Canvas assignment.
- At this time the integration does not support use of Turnitin Studio QuickMarks.
Here are a few documents from the Instructor Guide that may help you setup the Turnitin Assignment as well as navigate and manipulate the generated Similary report once students sumbit their work . Click here for the Full Turnitin Instructor Guide
|Assignment Setting options Explained||Working with a generated Similarity Report|
|Choosing comparison repositories (Store in...)||Interpreting the Similarity Report|
|Customizing the Similarity Report||Viewing similarity matches|
|Setting Similarity Report availability||Viewing sources|
|Submission storage options||Generating a new Similarity Report|
- Accessing the Similarity Report
- Interpreting the Similarity Report
- Viewing similarity matches
- Viewing sources