Media Services coordinates student videographers to film class sessions, performances, and other live events at USF. When complete, recordings are accessible via USF's Panopto media streaming server and can be further embedded into a Canvas site. These services are by arrangement only.
Operational hours: 9:00AM to 9:00PM, Monday through Saturday (excluding university holidays).
Types of Services
Student videographers use compact camcorders on a tripod. Our standard is a one camera, one microphone set up that captures audio of the entire room. Processing recordings generally requires 2-3 business days, after which videos will be available for distribution.
- Faculty/Staff Candidate Presentation: Teaching demonstrations, candidate talks, interviews, etc.
- Lecture: Guest lectures, repeated recordings, workshops, etc.
- Student Presentations: Individual or group student presentations; can be separated per presentation
Media Services' student videographers work with Events Management & Guest Services to coordinate your event recording. Processing recordings generally requires 5-7 business days, after which videos will be available for distribution. Please note videos requiring closed captioning (e.g., that will be available for public viewing) require an additional 2-3 business days.
- Keynote Speaker: One speaker with microphone
- Multiple Speakers: Multiple speakers speaking back-to-back
- Panel: Multiple speakers speaking simultaneously
- Performance/Other: Dance recitals, concerts, theatre performances, etc.
For events on campus that there will be both virtual and in-person guests, Media Services offers technical assistance with streaming via Zoom. We offer an upgraded camera and microphone set-up with a videographer to add improved quality to your next webinar.
- Present to In-person and Online attendees
- Maximize guests capacity
- Support with any technical Zoom settings
Please note that Media Services is reliant on student employment and availability. If you believe your event may go longer than requested, please consider extending the length of the requested recording. Media Services cannot guarantee the technician will be available to stay later than booked.
For routine inquiries, contact Media Services at email@example.com. For urgent inquiries, please contact the ITS Help Desk at (415) 422-6668.
Request AV Recordings
To request classroom recordings please fill out the Media Services request form.
For Event recordings or webinar services please contact your Events Managment coordinator to schedule with Media Services. For more information reach out to Eventsmanagement