Does your current health insurance coverage exempt you from purchasing the USF Student Health Plan? The following criteria must be met for domestic or international students:
- My plan is provided by a company licensed to do business in the United States.
- My annual Deductible is $2500 (individual) and/or $5000(family) or less.
- My plan includes co-insurance that does not exceed 20%.
- My plan provides access to medical care within 20 miles of my school campus. (If you are waiving with Medicaid/Medi-Cal or Kaiser, please ensure that you transfer your healthcare coverage near your campus location).
- My plan covers hospital stays for all medical, surgical, and mental health/substance abuse conditions without limitations.
- My plan allows unlimited doctor office visits (primary care visits) for medical and mental health.
- In the event I terminate or lose my current insurance coverage I agree to contact USF Health Promotion Services within 15 days.
Tip: Before you fill out the waiver, please have the following information ready: Insurance Company Name, Insurance Company Phone Number, Policy Holder Name, and Policy Number for your respective health insurance plan.
Please be advised all health plans will be reviewed by the University insurance broker to ensure the plan meets USF requirements.
*Please take note that enrolling in the following insurance Plans will NOT be accepted when applying for an insurance waiver for this upcoming school year. The University cannot adequately support our students enrolled in these programs.
- MediCover Plan
- Travel insurance
- Short-term medical plans
- Socialized medical policies
- International insurance plans that are underwritten in any country outside of the U.S. which includes Bermuda
- Policy must be in English
- Health plan must be provided by a U.S. based insurance company, is an Affordable Care Act (ACA) compatible and has a U.S claims payment office and phone number
- My health Plan offers an unlimited benefit maximum per year
- My health Plan covers pre-existing conditions
- My Plan deductible is no greater than $200 dollars, unless covered by a U.S. employer health Plan, in which case my deductible must be $2,500 or less.
- My plan covers at least 80% of medical expenses (80/20 co-insurance)
- My Plans annual out of pocket maximum is no greater than $8,150 (individual) / $12,700(family)
- My Plan covers hospital stay for all medical, surgical and mental health/substance abuse conditions without limitations
- My coverage does not exclude benefits for perils inherent to the activities of the program in which the visitor participates
- My Plan covers expenses associated with medical evacuation to my home country in the amount of at least $50,000
- My Plan provides coverage for repatriation of remains in the amount of at least $25,000
Tip: Before you fill out the waiver, please have the following information ready: Insurance Company Name, Insurance Company Phone Number, Policy Holder Name, Policy Number and Medical Evacuation and Repatriation for your respective health insurance plan.