MSOD Assurance of Learning
MSOD Program Goals and Learning Outcomes
Program Goal 1 – Understanding the Foundations, Theories and Models of OD
- LO 1a) Students will become familiar with the key concepts, research, theories and models in OD.
- LO 1b) Students will apply OD theories and models to change interventions in organizations.
Program Goal 2 – Ability to Lead Change and Use Self-as-Instrument
- LO 2a) Students will develop skills in building collaborative, mutually trusting relationships in an organizational system, contracting with clients, defining goals, providing and receiving feedback and implementing interventions adhering to the values and principles of OD practice.
- LO 2b) Students will practice self-reflection, skillful communication, effective negotiation and conflict resolution and self-care and use their own feelings as valuable information about how the organization functions.
Program Goal 3 - Proficiency in Organizational Inquiry, Research and Analysis
- LO 3a) Students will become proficient in field research, participatory action research and related data collection methods (e.g., surveys, interviews, focus groups, observation).
- LO 3b) Students will be able to analyze qualitative and quantitative data, interpret findings, make data-based recommendations and evaluate effectiveness of interventions.
Program Goal 4 - Competence with Teams, Culture and Diversity
- LO 4a) Students will attain skills to effectively contribute to teams as well as develop and empower others to work effectively in team contexts.
- LO 4b) Students will understand the impact global culture and diversity inclusion has on organizational culture and will be able to work effectively across cultural perspectives.
Program Goal 5 - Connection to San Francisco Location and Ignation Education Values
- LO 5a) Students will apply OD in San Francisco Bay Area organizations across sector, industry, and organizational life cycle.
- LO 5b) Students will develop and promote Ignation values in their OD work (e.g., caring for the mind, body and spirit of the whole person, striving for excellence , providing service to those in need, reflecting then acting for change)
MSOD Assessment Dashboard
AY 15-16 Assessment Reports
AY 14-15 Assessment Reports