Sample Graduate Program Website
The homepage should introduce the program to the prospect. It should be organized so that it is scannable and quickly digestible. It should be top weighted, so the most important information and action items are near the beginning of the page. Focus on encouraging action by the prospect, either jumping straight to the inquiry form/application form or exploring the program in greater depth. Avoid trying to make the home page the repository for everything the program is doing. Instead keep it focused, introductory, and action oriented while reserving details for sub-pages.
GRAD PROGRAM HOME PAGE – REQUIRED ELEMENTS
- Intro Paragraph: One to two paragraphs introducing the program. The first paragraph will use the "Intro" type style which has a larger font, which helps make the page more scannable.
- Offered here: Simple list to show which campuses offer the program.
- Call to action colored square buttons: Contains links to most important actions we want prospects to take: “Apply Now, Request Info, Info Sessions, Financial Aid”. Specific links and colors used in these boxes can vary somewhat for graduate programs depending on outreach priorities. However, the first two should remain consistent across the entire site: Apply Now in green and Request Info in olive.
- Degree requirements and program learning outcomes: Links to program and course pages in the catalog
- Program Uniqueness: Content that can help make the case for what is unique about the program, or illuminate the experience of being in the program. This content may include elements such as: a video introducing the program; short callouts on unique aspects of the program which link to other pages; testimonial or experiential content such as quotes from students.
- Opportunities: Note any benefits, including career connections, internships, or honor societies related to the program
GRAD PROGRAM HOME PAGE – OPTIONAL CONTENT
- Featured news story or student profile: Highlight a news story or video related to the program. Video content can launch directly from here into lightbox mode to keep the user inside the site.
- Recent news: Can add a news feature if there is enough news content produced to keep the feed feeling fresh.
- Events: If the program sponsors a number of events throughout the year or hosts a recurring event like a speaker series, an events feed can be added.
MENU - ADDITIONAL CONTENT options
- Program Overview
- Research or Community Outreach
- Career Opportunities / Outcomes for Graduates
- Alumni Success Stories
- Program Costs / Financial Information
- How to Apply
- Contact Box
- Social Media
- Sidebar Blockquote (an option if not present in main body area)
- Callout box linking to giving or student profile (optional if content supports it)
- Graphic element highlighting unique feature (Yellow Ribbon program, special accreditation, partners, etc.)