Zoom is a cloud-based conferencing solution that provides both video conferencing and screen share capabilities. All USF faculty, staff and students have access to the university's licensed account and to Zoom’s great video conferencing features.
- Real-time online conferencing to support meetings, teaching, and learning.
- Present synchronous (live) or asynchronous (pre-recorded) lectures.
- Virtual office hours, online tutoring, and advising of students.
- Meet with up to 300 students online at the same time.
- Assign students to collaborate in groups online.
- Share presentations and demonstrations to a remote audience.
- Introduce guest speakers from remote locations.
- Real-time online conferencing to support student meetings
- Screenshare, annotate, and record meetings.
- Collaborate using any device
- Share presentations to a remote audience.
- Record your student presentation to the cloud and share the link to your instructor.
Zoom is a software based video conferencing system which runs on Mac, PC, iOS and Android devices. All faculty, staff and students have access to the university's licensed account. To access the features in meetings, it is important to sign into the software through Single Sign On (SSO). The instructions can be found in the sign in guide.
How do I use Zoom?
Zoom Best Practices and Etiquette
Securing Zoom Meetings
Zoom Webinar Feature
A Zoom Webinar allows you to broadcast a Zoom meeting for up to 3000 attendees.
Register for Zoom Webinar Training
(select option 3: Communication and Collaboration)