Zoom is a cloud-based conferencing solution that provides both video conferencing and screen share capabilities. USF faculty, staff and students have access to Zoom’s great video conferencing features.
- Real-time online conferencing to support meetings, teaching, and learning.
- Present synchronous (live) or asynchronous (pre-recorded) lectures.
- Virtual office hours, online tutoring, and advising of students.
- Meet with up to 50 students online at the same time.
- Assign students to collaborate in groups online.
- Share presentations and demonstrations to a remote audience.
- Introduce guest speakers from remote locations.
- Real-time online conferencing to support student meetings
- Screenshare, annotate, and record meetings.
- Collaborate using any device
- Share presentations to a remote audience.
Zoom runs on Mac, PC, iOS and Android devices. After downloading and installing the Zoom application, launch it from either your Mac/PC desktop or laptop. The program icon then appears in your Dock or Taskbar.
Select Sign in with SSO and enter usfca in the field Enter your company domain. Check the box Open in default browser and click Continue. Then, login your USF username and password in the single sign on page that follows. Finally, click the button Open zoom.us in the dialog window that comes up to launch Zoom and complete signing in to the software.
How do I use Zoom?
Zoom Best Practices and Etiquette