Managing your finances can be challenging, especially on a student budget. Gaining control over your finances while in college can have huge benefits during and after you graduate. Financial wellness is defined as the ability to manage one's finances and having financial security and freedom of choice, in the present and future.
Financial stress may compromise your ability to focus in the classroom and negatively affects your mental and physical health.
Gain skills in managing your finances while going to college. Financial wellness is not a destination, but a journey that is ever changing as you progress through life.
Financial Wellness Reflection:
- Have I set financial goals for this year? For the next 5 years?
- Do I use my finances to support activities that give meaning to my life or the lives of others?
- How can I better examine my priorities and goals when it comes to my spending & saving habits?
- What have I spent money on recently? Were these purchases necessary?
- Do the finances I have match my needs?
Student Life Emergency Fund
Financial Wellness Discussion on Instagram
Check out our IGTV channel with Latinas Talk Dinero and Office of Dean of Students to learn more about Financial Literacy!
- USF Financial Aid Office - Provides you with invaluable information to fund your education, call (415) 422-3387.
- Cash Course - Helps you learn the financial skills that you need to create the future you want.
- 1:1 Wellness Checks - We offer wellness checks to help you set a plan of action to improve your finacnial wellness.
- Mint App - A budget tracker that helps make money management simpler and more seamless.
- Federal Trade Commission - Provides online forms to manage your money, and tips to prevent identity theft and scams.