Your environmental wellness is defined by the livability of your surroundings. Personal health depends on the health of the planet – from the safety of the food supply to the degree of violence in society. Your physical environment either supports your wellness or diminishes it. To improve your environmental wellness, you can learn about and protect yourself against hazards in your surroundings and work to make your world a cleaner and safer place.
Reflection Questions for Environmental Wellness
- Is my personal environment truly my own?
- Am I in harmony with the earth?
- How can I reduce my carbon footprint?
- Does my next purchase improve my lifestyle & surroundings?
Join April's Environmental Wellness Challenge
- Cigarette Butt Cleanups - Every month, HPS Smoke & Tobacco-Free Ambassadors host a cigarette butt clean up for the USF community. This is a great opportunity to take part in community service that impacts your environment.
- USF Office of Sustainability - Learn how we keep our campus green and sustainable and get involved in the values to live, learn, volunteer, and lead an environmentally-friendly life.
- 1:1 Wellness Checks - We offer wellness checks to help you set a plan of action to improve your environmental wellness.
- NIH Environmental Wellness Toolkit - Provides evidence-based tips for living well and improving your environmental wellness.
- Cool California - Calculate your carbon footprint, reduce your environmental impact, and be part of the climate change solution.
- Mr. Chilly App - An app to help you avoid Karl the fog. Provides weather micro-climates and forecasts for San Francisco.