Your physical wellness includes not just your body’s overall condition and the absence of disease but your fitness level and your ability to care for yourself. To achieve optimum physical wellness, you need to make choices that help avoid illnesses and injuries. The decisions you make now, and the habits you develop over your lifetime, will largely determine the length and quality of your life.
Tips on Physical Wellness
- Eat a healthy breakfast
- Engage in physical activity for 30 minutes a day
- Stay hydrated
- Schedule annual medical checkups
- Nutrition Education - Students can schedule a free one-on-one nutrition education appointment with a Dietetic Technician, Registered (DTR) to get them on track to achieving their nutrition goals.
- USF Koret Health and Recreation Center - Koret is the gym located on USF’s campus that provides students with a variety of classes and workout equipment.
- NIH Physical Wellness Toolkit - Provides evidence-based tips for living well and improving your physical wellness.
- Sleep Cycle App - Analyzes your sleep and wakes you up at the best time in your sleep cycle leaving you feeling rested and awake.