Alcohol Awareness Gameday
Alcohol Awareness Month is celebrated annually in the month of April. Every year, we develop an event program that raises awareness of alcohol-related issues that affect college students and the community.
On April 11, 2019, join us at Gleeson Plaza for a fun day of activities from 11am-1pm. If it rains, our tentative rain location will be on University Center 1st Floor.
Socialize with other Dons at our non-alcoholic bar and take photos in our party-style photobooth to raise awareness of alcohol-related issues at USF.
Event details below:
- Alcohol simulated activities with large sport inflatables to test your hand-eye coordination.
- Take photos in a party-style photobooth to support alcohol awareness.
- Sip on pineapple ginger sparklers and strawberry mint mojitos at our non-alcoholic bar.
- Learn how to be an upstander and pick up responsible drinking tips.
- Get a mock sobriety test from a police officer.
Connect with various departments that keep our campus healthy and safe from problem drinking, such as Public Safety, Title IX Office, Student Conduct, EMRS, CAPS, Athletics, Koret, Dons Do Something About It, and yours truly.
According to the ACHA National College Health Assessment, a survey conducted in Fall 2015, USF students engage in many responsible drinking behaviors. Some of the findings:
- 44% of USF males and 37% of USF females do not drink alcohol.
- A majority of USF students use a buddy system.
- A majority of USF students eat before or during drinking.
- 99% of USF students do not drink and drive.
Let's keep up the responsible drinking behaviors.