Healthy Body Image
Every Spring semester, we celebrate loving yourself with positive body image during Healthy Body Image Awareness Week and provide resources on positive self-image.
Healthy Body Image Awareness Week
Healthy Body Image Awareness week always coincides with the National Eating Disorders Awareness Week (#NEDAwareness). From February 25, 2019-March 3, 2019, we will be asking students to participate in numerous activities that promote healthy and loving body image.
Throughout the week on social media, students can take the pledge to promote positive body in themselves and others to counteract media's potential influence on normalizing unrealistic body standards. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
|Join our Social Media Campaign||February 25-March 3||All Day||Online|
|CAPS Body Image Workshop||February 27, 2019||2:15 p.m.–3 p.m.||Romero Room (Toler 122)|
|Positive Affirmations for Healthy Body Image||February 28, 2019||12 p.m.–1 p.m.||UC 2nd Floor|
Spring 2018 Pledges
In Spring 2018, twenty-nine individuals made the pledge. Check out what they pledged to do:
- 26 individuals pledged to move beyond society’s ideal body standards and embrace their own body.
- 25 individuals pledged to tell themselves one positive thing about their body every time they look in the mirror and appreciate their originality.
- 26 individuals pledged to keep a healthy and active lifestyle for themselves and no one else.
- 27 individuals pledged to not judge people based on their body shape and size.
- 26 individuals pledged to be proactive about negative body images and challenge unrealistic and demeaning body talk.
- 25 individuals pledged to become more media literate and think critically about what they see, hear and read, especially on social media.
- 26 individuals pledged to love their body unconditionally.