Healthy Body Image
Every Spring semester, we celebrate loving yourself with positive body image during Healthy Body Image Awareness Week and provide resources on positive self-image.
Healthy Body Image Awareness Week
Healthy Body Image Awareness week always coincides with the National Eating Disorders Awareness Week (#NEDAwareness). From February 22, 2021 to February 28, 2021, students can participate in interactive sessions and workshops that promote healthy and loving body image.
- Loving Your Body Yoga with OCL on Feb. 22nd from 10am-10:30am
- Body Image and the Media with CAPS on Feb. 23rd from 10am-10:45am (Direct Zoom Link)
- Loving Your Body Yoga with OCL on Feb. 24th from 12pm-12:30pm (Zoom Registration)
- Discussion of Health at Every Size with HPS on Feb. 26th from 12pm-12:45pm (Zoom Registration)
- Exercise & Body Image with Koret on Feb. 26th from 1:30pm-2pm (Direct Zoom Link)
Participate on Social Media
Join our social media campaign to love your body. Throughout the week on our Instagram story, students can tell us what they love about their body. We will spread their body positive messages with the USF community. Follow us on social media @usfhps on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Body Positive Pledge
Take the pledge to promote positive body image in yourself and others to counteract media’s potential influence on normalizing unrealistic body standards. Check off one or more pledges that you want to make.
Source: Get REAL! about Media and Body Image | NEDA and CSUN