ASUSF Event Funding
Apply for ASUSF Event Funding
ASUSF Event Funding allows eligible undergraduate student organizations the resources to host signature on-campus events open to all undergraduate students.
The total amount allocated to ASUSF Event Funding for 2023–24 is $65,000.
Any undergraduate student organization registered with SLE. Organizations shall be in good standing and in compliance with all USF, SLE, and ASUSF rules and regulations.
Student organizations will be allocated up to one (1) approved award per semester for a large scale signature event (over $1000) or up to two (2) approved awards per semester for small scale events ($1000 and under). Funding will not be awarded for expenses already incurred.
Items typically funded: marketing (posters, social media, etc.), entertainment and speaker fees, catering expenses, and decorations.
- Posters are typically funded in the following quantities:
- 6 posters: 6 campus posting boards
- 16 posters: 6 campus posting boards + 10 in residence hall lobbies
- A maximum of $3,000 is typically funded for keynote speakers and all associated expenses (hotel, travel, etc.)
- Bon Appétit is the required vendor for all catering expenses. Be sure to also account for Wait Staff fees. Catering is funded per-person.
- $12 per person: reception
- $15 per person: meal (lunch or dinner)
- $23 per person: banquet dinner or culturally focused meal
Items not funded: Off-campus in person events will not be funded. Special circumstances will be decided at the committees discretion.
All applications shall be submitted to Finance Committee at least eight (8) academic weeks prior to the date of the proposed event for requests up to $5,000. Requests submitted less than eight (8) academic weeks prior will be considered, but not fully funded. Requests submitted less than five (5) academic weeks prior will not be considered.
Applications shall be submitted at least twelve (12) academic weeks prior to the date of the proposed event for requests over $5,000. Requests submitted less than twelve (12) academic weeks prior will be considered, but not fully funded. Requests submitted less than eight (8) academic weeks prior will not be considered.
The Finance Committee will deliberate on all applications, which shall include a detailed budget using the ASUSF Funding Template (below), event details (date, time, location), and a detailed description of the intent of the event.
Funding may be approved for events taking place the following academic year. No retroactive requests for access of this funding will be considered.