About the Labs
content last updated 10-10-2018
The Department of Art + Architecture manages three computer labs. Collectively, we affectionately refer to them as "XARTS Labs." "XARTS", pronounced "eks arts", is the building code for our facility.
All three rooms are specialized classrooms that host most Design courses and some Architecture and Fine Art courses. The Orange Lab and the Green Lab are periodically open outside of class, with a lab monitor on duty, for use by lab-eligible students.
The Director of Art + Architecture Technology manages the labs. (See the contact box on the right side of this webpage for contact information.)
THE BLUE LAB
- Aliases: XARTS 005 or "lab five"
- Location: the east side of XARTS, next to the wood shop (XARTS 001)
- Phone: (415) 422-5505
THE ORANGE LAB
- Aliases: XARTS 006 or "lab six"
- Location: the west side of XARTS, next to the front office (XARTS 007)
- Phone: (415) 422-3165
- When it’s not being used as a classroom, it’s the primary "open study" lab for Mac users and Design students.
THE GREEN LAB
- Aliases: Cowell G25 or CO G25
- Location: the ground level of Cowell Hall, across the hall from the Media Studies computer lab
- Phone: (415) 422-5380
- Lab users can boot the computers in this lab into either the Mac or Windows operating system. When not in use as a classroom, it’s the primary "open study" lab for Windows users and Architecture students.