Students may not enter a lab when a class is in progress unless they are enrolled in that class.
Open Study Hours
Outside of class time, A+A students may utilize the Orange Lab and the Green Lab during scheduled open study hours.
Outside of class time, Architecture students with One Card access may utilize the Koret Studio's micro-lab during Koret business hours.
All Other Hours
The Blue, Orange, and Green Labs are closed to students except during class hours and open study hours.
The Koret Studio's micro-lab is closed to students except during class hours and Koret business hours.
Faculty and staff in the Department of Art + Architecture may submit a Lab Booking Request to reserve a lab during hours when it would otherwise be vacant.
Students working in a lab during open study hours are supervised by a member of our illustrious lab assistant crew – student employees of the Department of Art + Architecture supervised by the Director of A+A Technology.
Lab Assistants receive the following perks:
- 24/7 One Card access to the lab(s) they supervise
- Additional XARTS Network Drive storage
- current network drive storage allowances are documented in the XARTS Network Drive section of the Lab User Manual
- an hourly wage equivalent to the San Francisco minimum wage for about 8 to 12 hours per week, on average
- the envy of their peers
If you're interested in joining our crew of lab assistants, contact the Director of A+A Technology. The prerequisites for being a lab assistant are:
- student in good-standing
- a minimum of two remaining semesters before graduation
- a declared major or minor in the Department of Art + Architecture
- current or past enrollment in a course within one of our computer labs
ONE CARD ACCESS
Blue, Orange, and Green Labs
Only faculty, staff, and lab assistants who are teaching in, working in, or administering a lab during the current semester have One Card access to these labs.
Other than lab assistants, students do not have One Card access to these labs.
The Director of A+A Technology is responsible for authorizing, granting, and revoking One Card access to these labs.
Koret STUDIO and Other A+A Doors
For inquires regarding One Card access to the Koret Studio or any other doors on campus, including the exterior doors to XARTS, contact the Art + Architecture Program Assistant(s) in our front office, XARTS 007.